The kitchen is known to be the hub of the home and if you’re going to renovate anything in 2024, let it be the kitchen you love to love. Spending time in the kitchen is super easy, especially if you love to cook. However, you should think about how you can improve the space and make it reflective of you and your personality.
There is never a shortage of DIY jobs to do and while you can call the painters in to do some of it for you, it’s always a better idea to look at what you can do for yourself to keep the costs down. If you choose to DIY most of the upgrades to your kitchen, you’re going to save money and be able to complete things in your own time. Your financial situation this year might not necessarily be conducive to calling in experts to do it all for you, so DIY is the way to go. Here are some of the best ways that you can spruce up your kitchen this year:
- Makeover the backsplash. Have you ever pulled off the backsplash of your kitchen and replaced it? Most people don’t think about it as a big DIY job in comparison to the plumbing, electrics and cabinetry to get done. Some of those jobs require a professional to help, but you can makeover the backsplash with ease. Whether you get a copper, stainless steel or even glass one, get some advice before you do so that you can ensure that you get the right thing for your specific kitchen.
- Paint your cabinets. So many people jumped on the vinyl trend for their cabinets and you could do something similar. Once you have focused on the cabinets, you can instead paint them instead of covering them in vinyl. It’s one of the kitchen’s focal points and can add personality to the space, too. So whatever colour you pick, you’re going to end up with a beautiful kitchen as a result.
- Don’t forget the hardware. While you’re painting your kitchen cabinets it’s a smart idea to change up the hardware and spruce up the handles. It’s a practical project and doesn’t take very long to do it, and if you’ve just repainted them you can make sure they’re dry before changing out the fixtures to ones that make sense.
- Upgrade your kitchen lighting. This is the one room in the house your lighting should be flexible. It should be bright enough for you to see but not too bright that you’re under fluorescent lights. You can create a very impressive system of lighting on a budget, but under-cabinet lighting is where it’s at. You can let the room warm up in a glow while still having ceiling lights that light up your cooking space.
The kitchen is supposed to be somewhere you feel good enough to gather with friends and family in, and these are the tips that can beautify it enough on a budget.
- Kale Crusade: Exploring the Super Green Wonderland ￼ - February 21, 2024
- Creating a Relaxing Retreat: Gazebo and Pergola Design Ideas - February 21, 2024
- How To Prepare Nutrient-Packed Quinoa Salad for Seniors - February 16, 2024