Every once in a while we encounter spiders and a few cockroaches in our home and that’s normal because cockroaches are virtually everywhere but what’s not normal is when you find a pest infestation in your house. When these critters breed more of their kind it won’t be long before they take over your home. We believe you need to take this problem seriously and hire a pest inspections service to do a complete and thorough pest control treatment of your home to get rid of them. You see these pests are not only annoying but they can also be very harmful to your health. The most effective way to eradicate these pesky pests is to hire professionals. You can’t just whack one and expect the rest to go away. That’s now how it works.
The following are some of the important steps you need to take before and after treatment.
- Remove all pieces of furniture or any appliances that may interrupt the treatment. This allows corners of your home to be easily accessible by pest control professionals. This will also help safeguard your expensive furniture from sprays and spills during the treatment.
- Cover and wrap all clothes, toys, makeup, jewelry and other toiletries in plastic wrapping and seal them tight. Place them in a stored cabinet and make sure to seal the gaps with tape. We do not recommend you use masking tape because they can still absorb the chemicals from the spray as they are made of paper.
- Use plastic to store your beddings, comforters, pillow covers, bed sheets and mattresses.
- Make sure you cover all your chairs, tables and sofas with plastic or you can use a cloth sheet if you have one. This is necessary so that the chemicals will not seep into them.
- If you have termites in your home it will be best if you empty your storage beds and other wooden furniture.
- Make sure you remove all your utensils, plates, glasses, cups and bowls because your kitchen is a pest magnet.
- Seal all water outlets with plastic wrap.
- Don’t use your sinks as storage because these will also be sprayed with chemicals.
- Make sure all food items are properly sealed in plastic containers. A lot of pests can chew their way through plastic so it’s best if you get thick and strong plastic containers.
- Pets are extra sensitive to the smell of chemicals. During a pest treatment, ask a friend or a family member to temporarily adopt your pet until the pest treatment is over.
- If you have an aquarium in your home, take the time to seal it completely with plastic but ensure that your fish has enough food supply to last for the entire duration of the treatment.
- Your pest control professionals will usually recommend you vacate the home for your health’s sake during the duration of the treatment. Once the treatment is complete, wait for their signal before returning back.
- When there are food items you forgot to store during the treatment, discard them immediately and throw them in the trash. Even when the company used organic ingredients during the treatment, it is still unwise to consume food that has been exposed to it.
- Despite the urge to do a general clean after a treatment, we discourage you from mopping and sweeping the area right after as this will only lower the effectiveness of the pest treatment. If you really want to clean, wait until at least a week from the start of treatment.
- Make sure you repair any water leaks in your home such as drainage pipes and leaking taps and have someone fix them right away. These leaks can become entry points for pests and it will only open up your home for infestation.
- Don’t leave paper anywhere because pests feed on paper. Even brown grocery bags and wet paper should be discarded as well as old magazines and newspapers.
Your Building Inspector has the tools and the techniques needed to wipe them clean but even though they know what to do to fix your problem, you still have to do your part to ensure they won’t come back again.
Latest posts by Anna Jones (see all)
- The Ultimate 5 Step Guide to Eco Friendly Living - February 20, 2020
- 6 Advantages Of Using Cloth Bags While Travelling And Shopping - February 20, 2020
- China Nanning Hotel Guide: Top 5-stars Hotels & Budget Hotels Around NICEC China - January 31, 2020