Kitchen appliances are mainly electrical or mechanical machines we use in the kitchen to get some household chores done with ease. Kitchen appliances are used for cleaning, cooking or preservation purposes. Examples of these appliances are the refrigerators, vacuum sealer, microwaves, cookers, dishwashers, and the list goes on and on.
Many times when we get a new appliance for our kitchens we start to worry about repairs and spoilage and we want this appliance to serve its purpose and last us for a very long time. Now clearly for any appliance to last longer, be it kitchen or not for kitchen requires a very good maintenance for a longer life span of the appliance.
Now this question may arise, what are the necessary maintenance measures I should take to save guard the life span of my appliances? Well below are five major tips that works for almost all kitchen appliances that are found in most households,
- By making use of a surge protector, this helps the electrical appliance against current leakage and voltage spikes which could cause some serious damage to the appliance itself. Some people see the surge protector as a cushion that takes the hit for the appliance instead of the appliance taking the hit, in other words the surge protector shields the appliance. Current leakage or voltage spikes are caused by thunder hitting the roof of a building that is not having an earth wire or they are caused by transformer failure. Generally what the surge protector does in the case when there is a voltage spike or current leak, is that it cuts away the supply of electricity. Now when there is no supply of electricity to your appliance during this voltage spike then there would not be any damage to the appliance
- Cleaning the surface of the appliance after use, removes the little dirt that could have stick to the appliances body which could cause rusting in metal appliance and also cause blockage in some appliances that have little holes, and this makes the appliance to either require repair a little too early than expected or it could cause spoilage to the appliance. To clean the surface of your appliance, first switch off the appliance, then use a soft cloth damped in water, squeeze out the water and spay vinegar on the soft cloth and use it to clean the surface, then wipe it dry with another dry soft cloth. A quick hack specifically for refrigerators is keeping a bit of compartment space empty. According to an Infographic published on theunbiasedreviews.com, keeping your refrigerator slightly less stuffed will improve its lifeline.
- Use the right appliance for the right purpose. Most people are used to not using the right equipment for the right use. Sometimes some people just toss their ingredients into the blender for storage, or they use the oven drawer as a cabin to store foodstuffs. These practices are wrong and should be avoided to prevent wears and tears to the appliance in other to make it last longer.
- Always read and follow the instructions in the user’s guide manual. Every manufacturer of an appliance always sells their appliance with a users guide manual that would give some detailed instructions of how the buyer of the appliance would operate the appliance and the things the buyers shouldn’t do.
- Regularly checking the interior of the appliance in case of any abnormalities. The interior of the appliance is the major working part of any appliance. This part should be checked from time to time to notice any abnormalities so that it can be fixed on time. When something is getting bad in the interior of the appliance it is hard to detect without opening up the appliance. You don’t need to be an electrical engineer to be able to check it. Just check the sides, under and through every little hole to check for anything outside the normal working principle of the appliance.
Latest posts by Anna Jones (see all)
- The Ultimate 5 Step Guide to Eco Friendly Living - February 20, 2020
- 6 Advantages Of Using Cloth Bags While Travelling And Shopping - February 20, 2020
- China Nanning Hotel Guide: Top 5-stars Hotels & Budget Hotels Around NICEC China - January 31, 2020